Intesa Sanpaolo proposes comprehensive and sophisticated Investment Banking solutions to investors and issuers, drawing on the experience of Banca IMI, the Corporate and Investment Banking Division’s Investment Bank.
Capitalizing on a wide range of skills acquired over time and a proven market record, Banca IMI offers tailor-made financial solutions by employing original and innovative products and services for M&A Advisory, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Structured Finance.
In particular, Intesa Sanpaolo Group, through Banca IMI:
- is a major player in the Italian market acting in the placement of equity securities*, in both new issues (IPOs, rights issues) and secondary placements, and can also provide an excellent Corporate Broking service to listed companies, assisting them in their relationships with the investors community and financial analysts;
- is a major player in the Italian bond market providing a full range of services and activities in the field of fixed income capital raising activities including the origination and issue** of Corporate bonds (investment-grade, high-yield, hybrids), Financial Institutions bonds (senior, covered, subordinated, capital securities, ABS), Sovereign and Supranational bonds and retail bonds. Banca IMI is also active in the Liability Management (tender offers/exchange offers), in the structuring and placement of alternative investment instruments to institutional investors (real estate funds, renewables, etc.) and offers Rating Advisory services;
- offers a wide and complete portfolio of Advisory services*** (advisory in acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, spin-offs, strategic partnerships, company and asset valuations, etc.), in both the national and international market;
- is the main player in the Italian market for structured finance****, offering its domestic and international clients a complete range of Loan Market products and related services.
* 2000-2017 period – 65 IPOs on the MTA for a value of more than €25 billion (sources:Banca IMI and Thomson Financials)
** Ranked #1 bookrunner in the Corporate Investment Grade and Corporate High Yield sector in 2009-2017; ranked #1 bookrunner in the Financial Institutions segment in 2009-2017 (source: Thomson Reuters)
*** 2009-2017 period – 310 M&A transactions for a value of more than €110 billion (sources: Banca IMI and Thomson Financials)
**** 2009-2017 period, source Loan Analytics, Dealogic (data refer to all the Intesa Sanpaolo Group)