Within the Corporate and Investment Banking Division, Banca IMI operates as a conduit for bringing together firms and the capital market, offering investors and issuers a comprehensive and innovative range of Capital Markets products and services.
In particular, Banca IMI:
- provides specialised advisory in risk management to corporates, banks and financial institutions offering a wide range of products and services customised on the specific needs of each customer;
- operates as a specialist in Italian government securities and a market maker in the wholesale markets for government securities issued by the main countries in the Euro Area;
- assists Italian and foreign banks and financial institutions in structuring investment products for their retail clientele;
- is one of Italy’s top issuers of bonds, certificates and covered warrants listed on the main financial markets and, as market maker/liquidity provider, Banca IMI quotes bid and offer prices so as to allow the investor to efficiently manage investments;
- is one of the main Italian intermediaries operating in the international foreign-exchange market, providing clients with continuous quotations in all market conditions, with respect to the world’s leading currencies (G20) and the currencies of emerging markets;
- offers a wide range of auxiliary services through the Intesa Sanpaolo Group companies, including post-trading processing, settlement, and securities custody and administration;
- through its innovative Market Hub platform, Banca IMI offers a wide array of trading services (order taking, execution, and settlement) to its institutional clientele, providing integrated access to all of the main regulated cash (equities and bonds) and derivatives markets worldwide, and dynamic best-execution (MiFID compliant) of orders;
- drawing on the services of Intesa Sanpaolo’s Research Department, provides its customers with studies, analyses, and reports regarding the equity market, government securities, corporate bonds and exchange rates.